Back to School Day will be on Monday, September 17, 2018. This is one day in the year that elementary, middle school and high school will have very different starting and ending times.
- 8:30 – Elementary and High School students begin classes. Middle School students are not allowed on campus until 11:45.
- 11:45 – Middle School Students arrive to begin classes at noon for that day. Students should have eaten lunch by the time they arrive.
- 12:00 – High School students are dismissed.
- 14:00 – Elementary students are dismissed.
- 15:30 – Middle School students are dismissed.
Elementary students will have normal morning classes and lunch. There is no lunch provided for middle school or high school students on the 17th.
Parent schedule for the day will be as follows.
- 9:30 – All Middle School Parents meet in the auditorium
- 10:15 – 11:15 – Middle School parents meet with grade level teachers. To prepare, please make sure you know who your child’s homeroom teacher is. By 11:15, Middle School parents will be dismissed.
- 12:00 – 12:40– Elementary Parents will begin in the auditorium for a presentation on technology
- 12:45 – 13:15 – Elementary Parents and students in the classrooms
- 13:15 – 13:55 -Elementary Parents meet with the teachers in the classroom, students will be in the auditorium
- 14:00 – 15:00 – High School Parents Back to School begins with meeting the teachers
- 15:05 – 16:00 – Electives for the High School Parents
- 16:00 – 17:00 – Senior parents meeting
Fill out this Google form if:
- You have a child who does not attend CAJ and need child care during the elementary, middle school or high school parent time.
- You have a CAJ elementary and a CAJ high school student and need child care while attending the high school meeting.
The classroom teachers have shared general classroom information and some of the elementary expectations are in this blog. There is always more information than we can share, but we also want to provide an opportunity for parents to ask questions about the curriculum and program.
Back to School Day is not a time for individual parent/teacher conferences. If you have specific questions about your child please email the teacher. Our first conferences are scheduled for November 1-3. You will be getting more information about conferences in October.