Finally! I started a project in May about ocean research, the students did the projects but I wasn’t in Japan to see what they were doing or how it went. I just recently found the photos and some of the videos that were taken on the day of their presentations. I am really proud of what the students and substitute teacher accomplished.
Not knowing that I had video until today, I created a new project that we will be able to do earlier in the year and lead up to the ocean project. I wrote a unit planner for our Non-fiction unit that will incorporate research and a final presentation. We have had several opportunities to use Voicethread already this year and will also be using it to create a math project for my Coetail Course 5 project. I will be introducing Kidspiration and the graphic organizers available there. I am really looking forward to expanding our Nonfiction unit and to see what the students create this year. I will also be interested in seeing what this class does until the end of the year with the ocean project.
Unit Planner is available here.